Mafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia

Official Forum Of Mafia Gaming Community

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MAFIA!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Angrist

Number of posts : 65
Game & Server : RO on eRO/dRO - Cabal
Main Char : Angrist
Registration date : 2008-06-21

MAFIA! Empty
PostSubject: MAFIA!   MAFIA! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 8:43 pm

oh well...I was just thinking, what to do with all this free time I have got when Im unable to play RO...( namely working time xD), and I just found this, that seems kind of fun...I found it in spanish so I will translate it for you: it is a forum game called...MAFIA, lol thats why I picked that one..I dnt know if everybody heres knows about it, but it could be fun....and could help me to get over those over-boring working hurs xD.

Here are the rules:

MAFIA is a really simple game that is played by teams. When the game starts, the game moderator uses pms to assign the roles to each player.

The roles are divided in: Villagers and Mafiosi

The villagers dont know what is the rol of everybody else, and win when all of the mafiosi are out of the game.

The mafiosi know who are their felllow mafiosi ( they are informed via pm about the rol of the other mafiosi) and they win the game when all the villagers have been killed.

Special Roles:

There are many special roles that may be used in MAFIA, but to make it simple for the first time, lets include just one ( and a minimum of 7 players is needed without this one is needed): the detective

The detective, may investigate the rol of ONE player each night ( he sends a pm to the game moderator with the name of the player that he wishes to investigate that night, and the moderator replies back revealing the role of that player: villager or mafiosi)

This is how it is played:

Before the game begins, the game moderator chooses ( randomly ) the role of each player and informs them via PM.

- Day #1

* The players discuss among themselves trying to guess who is mafiosi and how isnt, and decide ( trough voting ) who to kill. The votes can be removed or chaged as many times as you like, but as soon as a player gets more than a half of the possible votes, he gets killed by the angry mob and leaves the game ( he dies). A dead player cant keep playing ( he is dead!)

* If the discuccion takes too much time, the moderator can set a deadline, if there is no choosen victim for the deadline, that day nobody dies.

- Night #1

* During the night nobody is allowed to speak ( the villagers are sleeping and the mafiosi speak secretly)

* The detective sends a PM to the moderator with the name of the player he wants to investigate.

* The game moderator indicates to the detective the results of his investigation via PM, telling him the rol of the player he investigated that night.

* The mafiosi pick in secrecy the person they are going to kill that night( via PM) and they pass the choice to the moderator.

- Day #2

*In the morning, the villagers wake up just to find the new victim of the Mafia. The killed player and his role are revealed, and he is expeled from the game.

* Once again, the players discuss trying to find out who is a mafiosi and who isnt ( they mafiosi obviously try to look innocent and intend to make the people to kill another poor villager xD), and who is to be killed is decided trough voting.

- Night #2

* The detective sends a pm to the moderator with name of other player he wants to investigate.

* The mafiosi decide on the next victim ( in complete secrecy of course) and tell the name of the corpse-to-be player to the game moderator.

- This sequence keeps being repited until there are no mafiosi alive ( the villagers win), or there are no villagers alive ( mafiosi win!)

Details, details:

* To vote for some one to be killed, use:
I vote for: "name of the player ( namely sina, he is going to be mafiosi for sure, kill him while you can!)", In bold please.
You can use as well: I change my vote for: "Broeknrule ( he will be mafiosi as well, he loves sina too much, kill him as soon as sina is down)"
Finally, you can quit your vote.

* You cant talk at night.
* You cant edit or erase the answer, use the "Preview" button to make sure about your post, before actually posting.
* You cant post any info sent trough pm from a moderator.
* The mafiosi are just able to talk via pm and at night. Dont do it in the day, the day is to decide who will be killed by the angry mob of villagers.
* If you are dead, you are dead, you cant keep participating in the game ( evenso you can keep looking). This includes pms!!

well, that was all, I hope you guys like the game, and if it isnt that way, I at least found a way to kill some boredom in my job by translating this xD.
Back to top Go down
Sina

Sina

Number of posts : 437
Game & Server : D3
Registration date : 2007-08-25

MAFIA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAFIA!   MAFIA! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 6:26 pm

hehe , nice one , sounds cool but dunno if it's possible to play it here , unless we are playing like , week 1 instead of day , week 2 instead of night ! Razz

but thanks for the translate , I took you alot of work time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angrist

MAFIA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAFIA!   MAFIA! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 8:58 pm

yep, maybe if we organizate it by weeks it will work out, otherway it would be impossible because of the huge time gaps...even so a week may be too much...may be 3 days for one game day and 3 days for one game night?, Wichevere way, at this moment you and me would be villagers, mafiosi, game moderators and detectives Razz
Back to top Go down
Pure Angel

Pure Angel

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-02-18

MAFIA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAFIA!   MAFIA! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 1:22 pm

Hmm it does sound somewhat complicated... maybe play an example game. Hmm and what are days/nights? ANd do we discuss with posts or by chat or by pm?
Also is it a sort of popularity contest? Because I know Sina will be voted out first no matter what, it is easy to agree on that... (both by hte mafia and by angry mob)
Back to top Go down
Angrist

MAFIA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAFIA!   MAFIA! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 3:39 pm

jajajaja, no, not at all, it isnt a popularity game, more like an strategy and decive game.

You could say the days are like turns...the days in he game( that probably wil be 3 real life days long to overcome differences in time zones) can be seen as the turn of the villagers ( the mafiosi are able to participate in the villagers turn, disguised as villagers) and the nights in the game ( probably 3 real life days long as well) can be seen as the mafiosi turn.

Duirng the day ( game day) we discuss trough post, during the night, the mafiosi discuss trough pm.

In the day ( game day )the angry mob decides who will be killed under suspicion of being a mafiosi.

In the night ( game night) the mafiosi decide who wil be killed, in order to further the mafia objectives ( namely, win the games, that means, kiling all villagers).

Seem I did a less than optimal job with the translation Sad . Is it clearer now?
Back to top Go down
Pure Angel

Pure Angel

MAFIA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAFIA!   MAFIA! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 5:39 pm

hehe yeah I understand =), thanks.
I just wonder how you can suspect someone of being mafia? If he during the day tries to convince vilagers to kill another villager, so that the villager to be killed understands that that guy is mafia and thus tries to convince the others of that.
This will always lead to the first one asking for soemone to die to be lynched. So no one will talk right?
Back to top Go down
Angrist

MAFIA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAFIA!   MAFIA! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 7:17 pm

jajajajajaja, you are good to point out the flaws in the game.

It is true something like that could happen, leading to no one wanting to talk, however thats what the game is all about, if your start the accusations you will have to give a strong enough reason to accusse someone, if you dont give such reason that will lead to others thinking about you being mafia, that would be the most logical deduction, and getting you killed in the end xP.

And look at it from this perspective... the very first day any accusation is out of place, since nobody has been killed yet and you havent seen the behavior of others long enough to deduct who is mafia and who isnt....so at that point, whoever that points a finger may be considered mafia, yet the mafiosi maybe smart enough( and I hope them to be... xD) to think about this ahead of time and come up with a plan to overcome this issue ( I have already come up with a plan myself xDD). I they do overcome it...the will be able to get a person accussed without having a direct accuser ( who to put the blame of the dead on). And even if they dont manage to solve this initial trouble, the first dead will start the suspicions and the game will be on its way, even if the mafiosi probably lose a member in the first day this way. Once a person is choosen to die, the game will unfold by itself ( or so I hope Rolling Eyes ).

As you see, Is a game about convincing others, using conversational skills and surviving. I know it sounds a little complicated, but I think it could be fun =P.
Back to top Go down
Pure Angel

Pure Angel

MAFIA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAFIA!   MAFIA! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 9:26 pm

So if a mafiosi tries to convince everyone to kill another mafiosi, people will think the one he is targeting is not a mafiosi, but a villager? So that one after that is sort of not suspected anymore?
Well it could work, only the next round as soon as he starts talking people will still choose him :p. At least I would always target the first fingerpointer in a round or ofcourse sina..

still sounds like the game could be good Smile.. I'd join angry
Back to top Go down
Angrist

MAFIA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAFIA!   MAFIA! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:53 pm

Good Good ^^

That makes us three, we just need 5 more people to start playing.
Back to top Go down
Jim

Number of posts : 205
Game & Server : Cabal / Guild Wars
Main Char : MyBallsYourChin
Registration date : 2007-12-30

MAFIA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAFIA!   MAFIA! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 11:52 pm

Lol, I totally forgot about this game, we used to play this as a drinking game in college.

If the detective failed, they finished their drink.
If the mafian was caught they finished their drink.

Each night everyone drank a finger.
If you were killed you drank two fingers.
If the medic saved your life, you drank a finger.

These rules and international drinking rules of course! =D

Though we used to assign the roles of people by cards.
Every now and again there would be a notorious double murder where the story teller said they found the victims in bed together etc o.o It was funny when we were drunk.
Back to top Go down
Jason

Number of posts : 98
Main Char : Sophchan Lvl 89
Registration date : 2008-05-04

MAFIA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAFIA!   MAFIA! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:43 am

I skimmed this, I'm interested but I'll be moreso into once I've finished moving (week or so) but sounds like fun =) I like that whole in bed together thing Jim mentioned ^_~
Back to top Go down
Angrist

MAFIA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAFIA!   MAFIA! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:59 am

hahaha, Im most certainly sure Jim could help to spice up a bit the game with those ideas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MAFIA! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAFIA!   MAFIA! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MAFIA!
Page 1 of 1